Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

You Believe It But What Are You Doing About It?

This one is short and sweet. Okay, depending on your mindset maybe not so sweet.

Jesus is coming back soon.

Ya ya ya..I already know that.

No, Jesus is coming back really soon!

Right I got it. What about it?

Are you ready?

Sure I...

STOP!  

Before you answer that question can you just take a moment to quiet yourself, breathe, and think.

Are you ready?

I mean think about it.  Are there areas in your life that just aren't lining up and you've been coasting on the fact that you said a prayer Lord only knows how long ago?

BUT...

...you have yet to stop telling lies (there only little white lies), you serve in the church but your motive has everything to do with yourself and very little to do with God, you rush through prayer like you're doing the dishes, you have a dirty magazine hidden somewhere you think God can't see, when you're angry you cuss like a sailor (only in my mind so that doesn't count), making money is more important than time with God, you're ashamed to share your faith in Jesus,  you're checking out the opposite sex and still have yet to admit it's called lust,...

...need I go on?

Jesus is coming back family and we need to wake up and deal with our hearts.  We need to stop lying to ourselves.  We need to stop lying to God.

How many times have you heard someone ask this question?

If You knew Jesus was coming back what would you do or stop doing?

I believe most of us shrugged off that question and never really took the time to answer it because we don't want to face the fact that the Holy Spirit is dealing with us and we really don't like what He is saying.

I'm at a stage in my walk where I am seriously irritated with Christian challenges.  Such as I challenge you to read your Bible more....I challenge you to tell someone about Jesus today...I challenge...

I'm not going to issue a challenge.

I'm telling you.  Stop and deal with your heart.  One day you and I will be facing Judgement.  If we judge ourselves on this earth we will not be judged for sin in the next life.

Get a pen and paper, set aside some time from your busy schedule, turn off your phone, get quiet, and ask God this question....

Lord, is there anything in my life that will keep me from going to heaven?

Write down whatever He puts on your heart and deal with it quickly.

Make yourself ready.  He's coming soon.

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begins with us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17





No comments:

Post a Comment