Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

More

I am on one particular vein; walking with and knowing the Holy Spirit.

I believe their are many Christians who feel the pull to cast off all restraint and fling themselves wholeheartedly into the fire of God. I believe that if any of us are saved then the Spirit of God is within us. He will ever draw us nearer to the Father, glorifying Jesus who died to bring us into relationship with the One He loved.

Yes, I believe that so many want more.

I also know many believers will never obtain that more.

 Let me explain.

Nothing gets done until one deals with self truthfully. Knowing the motives of the heart is so imperative in our walk with God, but we cannot know motives of our own hearts unless the Spirit and the Word reveals them.
So many Christians do not pray or spend time seeking God in His Word. May I clarify seeking God?
I am talking about prayer from the heart not empty religious gestures. Not the punching in of the Christian time clock.

Prayer ought to position the believer to hear truth because the believer hungers for truth.

Petitioning God for our wants and problems is not the heart of prayer. Jesus lived to know and do the will of the Father. He was able to boldly say He knew and loved the Father because He lived to please Him alone.

Jesus prayed.

In our Bible reading there ought to be more than skimming words on a page. Where is the careful study, memorization, meditation, and application (read obedience) of the Holy scriptures? Yet this is not enough without a hunger for truth.

In Jesus' day none prayed, fasted, or knew the Word of God better than the Pharisees. Yet when Jesus showed up they rejected their Messiah. How could this be? The Pharisees loved the adulation of men more than the quiet praise of God. (Jn 12:43)

Do you think the Pharisees knew this was in their hearts? Do you think they honestly confessed their sin? Of course not. They searched for an excuse that would appease their guilty conscience and fixated on it until they believed it was truth.

This is human nature.

Our human nature is to be feared far and above all the works of the devil and his angels with him.

We are capable of such creativity, reasoning, brilliance, and courage. We are capable of the most heinous of crimes and cowardice. We can even lie to ourselves.

When one determines in his heart that he will give all to God, the Holy Spirit begins to deal with that heart.

So few allow that dealing.

We are looking for the touch of God that pleases us.

He is looking for holiness, purity of heart, and faith that please Him.

He is looking for the one that says,

I will stand naked and unashamed before You and mankind..I am willing that You to expose me, humiliate me, and make me the least of my brothers. I willing to be the servant of Your servants. I am willing to be overlooked, unappreciated, unjustly treated, and falsely accused. I am willing to look like a fool for Your sake or to cover those in authority over me and my peers. I am willing to endure the crucifixion moments of my life that this flesh will be destroyed and I can walk in the truth of Your ways.

He is the Spirit of Truth.

He loves us and is so gentle. He will not break the spirit of the one who seeks him but He has no mercy on the flesh. His dealings cause pain. That pain is sometimes physical, but mostly it is a pain to our ego. A harsh blow to our pride. A destruction of the thing we love more than Christ which is most generally ourselves.
This is why I say many will never walk in the more or the fire of intimacy with the Holy Spirit on this earth.

The cost is indeed high.

But if you desire Him...all of Him...and you are willing to pay the price, fear not. Though it be a rough and treacherous rode He will be your guide. Remember Lots wife and never look back.

What lies ahead is glorious!

And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish itlest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’? Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:27-33

No comments:

Post a Comment